If I can teach myself how to sew, you can do it too!
Hello there! I am Athina, a 27 year old seamstress from Greece. Sewing is my passion and teaching other people how to sew has been my mission for the last couple of years. If you stumbled upon my website and wondering if this is the right place for you here’s how you’ll know:
- Is there a sewing machine gathering dust somewhere in your house because you are afraid to use it?
- Do you want to learn how to sew your own clothes but don’t know where to start?
- Do you find sewing terminology hard and have no one to explain it to you?
- Are you looking for stylish easy to make patterns that you can enjoy wearing and that are available from sizes 4-28?
- Do you already know how to sew but have been feeling overwhelmed by the amount of patterns and fabrics out there?
- Or are you simply looking for inspiration?
Well, If you answered yes to any of these questions, you are in the right place!
I am here to teach you how to sew in a fun, uncomplicated way and to show you how to use sewing patterns to create the wardrobe of your dreams. No stress! No overwhelm! Just fun!
As a self-taught seamstress myself, I know all the struggles you are facing. I started sewing on my grandma’s sewing machine about 6 years ago as a way to fight stress and found a creative hobby, but it quickly turned into my biggest passion. Within a few months, I launched my own small business, Craftaholic, where I design and sell kids clothes and accessories since 2013. In 2018 I launched a sewing pattern company with my friend Hattie, called “SMYLY”, which we unfortunately weren’t able to continue. I also have my own pattern line of easy to sew wearable patterns.
I am the author of the “Sewing your dream wardrobe” e-book, which is all about helping you create the handmade wardrobe of your dreams.
I have so many things to share and I would love for you to stick around! You can also subscribe to my newsletter to get updates and useful content every week in your inbox.
Thanks for stopping by!