Back in September I published a blog post about 10 inspiring seamstresses that you should be following on Instagram (here it is). But the truth is that there are so many amazing, talented ladies in our sewing community, that I had to write a part 2 to this list, adding 20 more gorgeous seamstresses that I’d like to introduce to you, if you don’t already know them.
Follow them and I promise you, they won’t disappoint you. They share so much inspiration with all of us that you are bound to love them all!
1. Mel (@handmadebyditsytulip). I’ve been following Mel since she started her own YouTube channel and I have to say she makes the most beautiful clothes. Her aesthetic is just to die for! Not only that, but she’s sharing so many useful tips and tricks, pattern reviews and many more in such a comprehensive way, that is very very helpful to beginner and advanced sewists.
3. Jen (@gingerthreadgrl) is without a doubt one of the sweetest girls I’ve known in this community. I started watching her first vlogs last year and I simply adore her. Her style and aesthetic in everything she does, from the clothes she sews to her beautiful sewing room, bring happiness to my Instagram feed.
4. Laura (@fabric.magpie) or previously known as ‘A girl called Boz’ is from the UK and is another inspiring lady that I admire. She just opened her first fabric shop (well done, Laura!) and I can’t wait to watch her videos every week. Oh, and she’s currently sewing her own wedding dress which I’m dying to see finished!
5. Sophia (@jessalli_handmade). I’ve got to know Sophia through her videos and she is such a lovely person! The way she talks about sewing instantly inspires you. I’m very very jealous about all the pattern hacks she does and she’s always trying to pass on as many information and tips as possible. I would steal her entire handmade wardrobe if I could!
6. Suzanna (@seasaltstitches). I’m quite biased when I talk about Suzanna because she’s one of my favorite seamstresses out there. She lives in the UK and she has the best sense of style ever! The outfits she creates, the clothes that she sews are always so beautiful and well-made and I’m sure everyone is jealous of her sewing room as well. I love, love, love her YouTube channel and her videos are always so unique, inspiring and helpful.
7. Johanna (@laststitch). Johanna is blogging all the way from Sweden for the past 10 years and she recently published her first sewing book. I love her approach on sewing and she always shares valuable information on both her website and YouTube channel. Everything she makes is flawless in my eyes!
8. Judith (@judithdeecreations) is a Canadian blogger/vlogger that you should be following. What amazes me in Judith is that she never buys any clothes and she sews everything in her wardrobe. Even the most difficult projects don’t seem to intimidate her and I find it so encouraging for beginner seamstresses. Her videos make me feel that I can sew everything as well!
9. Alex (@sewhappy_alex). Her IG handle says everything about her. I’ve never seen a happier, more enthusiastic person in my life! Her videos always makes me smile and brighten my day. If you like bold prints and gorgeous dresses, Alex will be your queen. I adore everything she makes and I’m sure you will too!
10 + 11. Rachel (@shesewsvintage) and Nikki (@sodburysewing) aka the Stitch Sisters. They live in the UK, they run their own sewing school (wow!) and they are simply lovely. They have such great chemistry and such a positive vibe through their videos that you feel like you’re sitting in the room with them, chatting and laughing. And don’t get me started about their sewing… They always make the most gorgeous clothes, so stylish and elegant.
12. Bianca (@sleepless_in_bavaria). Bianca is definitely my closet-twin as we always seem to make the same patterns! Needless to say that I would happily exchange my handmade wardrobe with hers. She’s so talented and such a lovely girl. I always smile when one of her photos pops up on my IG feed.
13. Amy (@almondrock_sews) is the Editor of Love Sewing magazine. She’s so so talented and sews so many gorgeous garments! She’s truly an inspiration to me and you should follow her as well. You won’t be disappointed!
14. Georgia (@acornkiss) is a fellow Greek blogger that I love to follow. She documents her sewing journey through her blog and IG and every week I can’t wait to see what she’s been up to. She always shares the most useful tips and tricks and makes everything look so easy!
15. Ella (@sewistella). I recently discovered Ella’s profile though a hashtag I was following and I immediately fell in love with her! She’s so productive and she makes so many gorgeous clothes with the most beautiful fabrics.
16. Jasika Nikole (@jasikaistrycurious). The first time I saw Jasika was on a series I was obsessed with, called ‘Fringe’. Imagine how surprised I was when I realized that she is also a passionate seamstress! She always inspires me with everything she makes and although I don’t know her personally, I think she’s a sweetheart.]
17. Joy (@joy.margot). I think Joy has the most suitable name as she’s such a sweet and happy person. I love how her personality is reflected to her clothes and I’m extremely jealous of her style. She wears colors like no one else and always looks so beautiful and stylish!
18. Leigh (@cluelessleigh). I got to know Leigh through her YouTube channel and I adore her! She’s such a sweet and kind person and a very talented seamstress as well. I could easily steal her Blackwood cardigan collection, haha! Leigh, you should post more videos, lovely, we missed you!
I could add a hundred more of my favorite seamstresses to this list, haha! And I know I keep saying that everyone is talented and lovely, but it’s the truth. I feel very blessed that I am part of such a positive community, filled with people that are always willing to help, offer advice, produce valuable content and inspire. I hope I introduced you to some ladies that you didn’t know and that you’ll go ahead and follow on Instagram because they are all amazing!